King of the Hill Halloween

One of the better episodes of a fine series, this deals with a woman, Junie Harper (who reminds me a LOT of Sarah Palin) coming to Arlen with the intent to ban Halloween on the grounds that it's a Satanic holiday. After passing a curfew on Halloween night, she opens a "Hallelujah House," where kids can see real-life horrors, such as the theory of evolution, and getting AIDS from kissing. I can see Palin doing this. I really can.


These "Hallelujah Houses" really exist - in fact, they're a pretty big deal in some places. They're designed to scare the green crap out of you until you become a Christian and stop celebrating Halloween, which strikes me as a bit manipulative. See the FAQ for a bit more on my thoughts about this sort of business, but please don't send me emails saying I'm going to Hell. I have enough of them.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really one of the best serie!

Anonymous said...

This was a great episode; I saw it tonight. They don't make em like this anymore.

Anonymous said...

Great KOTH episode. Has a very autumnal vibe about it. I watch it every year around Halloween...

Belle Dee said...

One of my favorites. My favorite part is when Hank defies the town curfew. Putting on his old devil costume, trick or treat pail in hand.

Peggy: Wait! Hank, you could go to jail!
Hank: I knew the risk when I put on the uniform.

LOVE IT!

King of the Hill online said...

This is very interesting animated tv series.

Anonymous said...

!he character who reminded you of Ms. Palin was voiced by Sally Fields! It was a great episode and a great series.

Anonymous said...

Great episode, of a great series! Wish it was still around!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...